Tuesday, January 23, 2007

How I would use images professionally

Every year I need to recruit new students to the Manufacturing center. These students are pulled from eight different feeder schools. Throughout various parts of the year the classes I teach take on several projects. These projects are usually quite large and they have many good photo opportunities. When looking at some of the photos that have been taken, I have learned through this class that these images can be edited to reflect a theme of my choosing.
I can use an imaging editing program to help sell my program, by taking what initially may be a boring welding picture, and jazz it up a bit. This helps create a positive feeling about my program.
Students like color and creativity, and this is a way to bring the lighter side of Manufacturing to life. Other than recruiting, I really cannot think of another use for professional imaging. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

I commented on Eric Whitehead

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Sounds to me like you've come up with a great strategy to recruit students. I know at our school it is sometimes hard to get the students interested in business courses and creating an image that catches their eye just might do the trick. I'd love to know if you try this for next year how it works out for you and if it increases your numbers.

Scott Laslo said...

I will let you know if it works, I'm trying a lot of different things to try and bring students in.